HP Printers - Ink Cartridge and Printhead Limited Warranty
This document is for HP ink cartridges and customer-replaceable printheads.
This HP Limited Warranty is for HP ink cartridges and customer-replaceable printheads and applies only to HP branded products sold or leased a) from HP Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, authorized resellers, authorized distributors, or country/region distributors; and b) with this Limited Warranty.
NOTE:This warranty supersedes all previous warranties.
Go to Limited Warranty for HP Designjet Cleaning and Maintenance Kits for more warranty information.
Each HP ink cartridge and customer-replaceable printhead is warrantied to be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the period of the warranty. This warranty pertains to any HP ink cartridge or customer-replaceable printhead when used in its designated HP or authorized original equipment manufacturer (OEM) printing device. See the product manual for the printer to determine the correct ink cartridge and printhead selection.
For clarity, customer-replaceable printheads have latches which can be opened and closed to secure the part. Printheads that are not customer-replaceable are covered under a separate printer warranty.
This warranty does not cover HP ink cartridges or customer-replaceable printheads that have been refilled, remanufactured, refurbished, misused, or tampered with. If failure or damage to ink cartridges or customer-replaceable printheads is attributable to the use of a non-HP, expired or refilled ink cartridge, or to the use with a non-designated HP or unauthorized OEM printing device, HP is not responsible for the cost of replacement or refund of the purchase price.
Ink Cartridges - The coverage lasts until the HP ink is depleted or the “Warranty Ends” date has been reached, whichever occurs first.
Customer-Replaceable Printheads - For all customer-replaceable printheads, except the "Other Printheads" discussed below, the coverage lasts until the “Warranty Ends” date or the warranted usage limit has been reached, whichever occurs first. In addition, the original printhead that came with the printer is covered under warranty until the warranted usage limit has been reached, or for one year from the date of printer purchase, whichever occurs first, even if the “Warranty Ends” date has passed.
- * One-year/90-day Printheads – One-year/90-day printheads are identified by the ink cartridges that are used with them, which include the HP 564, 364, 178, 862, 920, 922, 950, and 951 ink cartridges. For printers using these types of printheads, the original printhead that comes with the printer is warranted for one year from the date of printer purchase. Replacement printheads are warranted for 90 days or the remainder of the applicable printer warranty, whichever is longest. Unlike other printheads, the date printed on the printhead is not the Warranty Ends date.
- ** One-year Installation Printheads – One-year Installation printheads are identified by the ink cartridges that are used with them, which include the HP 711 ink cartridges. For printers using these types of printheads, both the original and replacement printheads are warranted for one year from the date of installation.
- HP 727 Printheads - Replacement printheads are warranted for one year from the date of installation, as long as the printhead is installed on or before the Install-by on the printhead. The original printhead that came with the printer is warranted for one year from printer purchase, regardless of the Install-by date.
- One-year/15,000 Page Printheads - One/year/15,000 page printheads are identified by the ink containers that are used with them, which include the GT51 and GT52 ink containers. These printheads are warranted for one year or 15,000 pages, whichever is earlier.
Some printheads have warranted usage limits, as shown:
- HP 10 and 11 printheads:
- Black: 530 ml
- Color: 200 ml
- HP 14 printheads:
- Black: 550 ml
- Color: 400 ml
- HP 70, 72, 73 printheads: 1000 ml
- HP 706 printheads: 1200 ml
- HP 711 and 727 printheads: 4000 ml
- HP 761 and 762 printheads: 1200 ml
- HP 771 printheads: 1200 ml
- HP 773 printheads: 1200 ml
- HP LX600/LX610/881 printheads: 12 liter
- HP 789 printheads: 1000 ml
- HP 792 printheads: 1000 ml
- HP 80, 81, 83, 705 printheads: 1000 ml
- HP 84 printheads: 200 ml
- HP 85 printheads:
- Black: 530 ml
- Color: 200 ml
- HP 831 printheads: 1000 ml
- HP 90 printheads: 1000 ml
- HP 91 printheads: 1200 ml
- HP 940 and HP 941 printheads: 560 ml
To find the “Warranty Ends” date, look in the following table for the date's location on each product. The date follows the YYYY/MM/DD or YYYY/MM format, where YYYY indicates the year, MM indicates the month, and DD indicates the day. If the day is not specified, coverage extends to the last day of the month.
HP will, at HP's option, either replace products under warranty that prove to be defective or refund the purchase price.
Ink cartridges and most customer-replaceable printheads are not covered under HP Care Pack Services. However, printheads for some printers are eligible for HP Care Pack Services. For a list of these printers, see HP Products With Printheads That Are Eligible for Care Pack Services Coverage.
If a problem with an HP Inkjet product occurs, visit the retailer, call the regional customer support phone number listed on the product insert, or click Contact HP on this page for more support options.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state, province to province, or country to country.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, THE ABOVE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND HEWLETT-PACKARD SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, THE REMEDIES IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL HEWLETT-PACKARD BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE. SOME COUNTRIES, STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.